Monday, October 11, 2010

Why is this News?

Why do we care who Brett Favre shows his- umm package too? I don't care. It's none of my business and I'd make an assumption it's none of yours unless you happen to be the significant other of this man or any other athlete for that matter.

Athletes today are coddled, put on pedestals, and told they are untouchable and better than the rest of us. This doesn't even start when they make it to the big leagues, but it starts much earlier in life-for some as early as middle school. They start getting special treatment and treated as demigods. Look at Ben Roethlisberger-regardless if a crime was committed his actions were despicable. I don't think any mother would be proud of her son if he did that, but yet he's going to get cheered and adored and forgiven because like Favre he can throw a leather ball better than most. All I can say is athletes aren't role models, but there are more important things going on in the world than to report on this kind of crap-and yes, I realize the hypocrisy of my last statement, but deal with it.

No comments: